United Women in Faith is a community of women whose purpose is to know God and to experience freedom as whole persons through Jesus Christ; to develop a creative, supportive fellowship; and to expand concepts of mission through participation in the global ministries of the church.
WHAT IS UNITED WOMEN IN FAITH?
United Women in Faith is a place for women like you to grow spiritually, develop as leaders and serve and work to create a world in which all women, children and youth thrive.
WHAT DOES UWF DO?
Our members nurture one another in community and support U.S. and international projects and partners improving the lives of women, children and youth with their prayers, volunteer and advocacy efforts, and financial gifts. The women at Baughman UWF contribute thousands of dollars each year to support the work of the local church, our community, and missions work around the world.
WHY SHOULD I JOIN UNITED WOMEN OF FAITH?
United Women of Faith is a community of women committed to mission. As a member you can take advantage of many opportunities, including the following:
- Prayer, Bible studies and spiritual retreats.
- Hands-on mission in our local community.
- Mission education experiences.
- Leadership development and training opportunities.
- Supporting and advocating for, women, children and youth.
- Adopting home-bound members.
- Collecting nonperishable food and volunteering at local food pantries.
- Collecting baby essentials for local organizations that support new moms.
- Serving lunches at the Harrisburg UMC Neighborhood Center.
- Helping residents celebrate birthdays at Paxton Home Ministries.
- Putting together health kits for Mission Central.
- Knitting and crocheting Prayer Shawls for the sick and home bound.