CHILDREN’S EDUCATION DIRECTOR
Part-time: 20 hours/week
Summary of Position:
Our Children’s Education Director will oversee children (birth through 12th grade) during our Sunday School program and our Wednesday evening children’s programs, as well as Vacation Bible School (VBS) and the Children’s Christmas Pageant.
Our children’s ministry is to be fun and focused on bringing children and their families into a loving relationship with Jesus. We are looking for a dynamic leader who will organize and oversee a ministry programmed to help children experience God for themselves.
The successful candidate will be gifted with:
- People Skills – able to encourage parents, love kids and organize/motivate volunteers
- Management Skills – able to organize programs and delegate responsibilities
- Communication Skills – able to inform and coordinate staff and volunteers
Additionally, we are looking for a person who sees Christian education as a mission field and has a gift for drawing people into activities and enfolding them into the church family. This is a position for an active doer, effective at completing projects. Knowledge of the Bible, its stories, and its themes is essential. Experience teaching, managing a classroom and leading people to Christ is essential.
— Sunday from 9:00 AM to 11:30 AM
— Wednesday evenings from 6:00 PM to 8:30 PM when evening classes provided (schedule will be provided in advance)
— The remaining hours during the week can be worked from home.
- Oversee all children’s programs (birth through 12th grade), solving problems, and making improvements
- Schedule Sunday School teachers, volunteers, and interns; and Wednesday night team
- Oversee Sunday School “Check-in procedures” and execution.
- Oversee Safe Sanctuary / Ministry Safe compliance at BUMC. May delegate to volunteer but ultimately responsible.
- Recruit new Sunday School interns from Messiah College
- Prepare & coach Sunday School teachers & volunteers, manage Sunday School curriculum.
- Prepare classrooms, equipment, supplies, etc. for each Sunday.
- Develop a children’s music ministry to have children perform at least twice per year.
- Send weekly e-mail updates to parents with children & youth.
- Organize and oversee Baughman’s Craft Team.
- Oversee and coordinate the Christian Education Calendar to ensure it is in sync with the Church’s calendar.
- Lead the Summer VBS and the Children’s Christmas Pageant
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Must have excellent people skills— with adults, children and volunteers.
- Project management skills
- Heart to share Christ and desire to attract people to church
- Biblical knowledge and background
- Ability to manage interns and volunteers
- Use Christian ethics to deal with other employees and the public in general.
- Understands and carries out written and oral instructions.
- Communicates clearly and authoritatively, orally and in writing.
- Commitment to the mission and ministry of Jesus Christ.
- Valid Driver’s License OR own transportation to/from the church.
- The following background checks and training must be obtained: Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Record Check; DHS Child Abuse History Clearance; and Safe Sanctuary training.
No paid vacation.
Flex time negotiable.
If interested, please email your resume to email@example.com
Part Time: 15 hours/week – flexible schedule
- Committed to Christ and His mission.
- Accounting, bookkeeping, payroll, and financial management of church and/or nonprofit organization.
- Proficient in the use of various accounting software and Microsoft Office 365 (Excel, Word).
- Time management skills and ability to multitask.
- Strong organization and communication skills.
- Strong commitment to confidentiality.
- Able to work with minimal supervision, self-motivated.
- Able to cooperatively work with others.
- Have a willingness to research and resolve problems.
- Motivated to stay abreast of changes in federal, state, and local employee/employer payroll tax regulations and reporting requirements
- Must have joyful disposition and professional demeanor to work with people in person and on the phone.
- Must have own transportation to and from work.
- Must pass PA State Criminal Background check, Federal Criminal History check, and PA State Child Abuse clearance.
- Must complete Safe Sanctuary/Ministry Safe training.
- Previous office experience preferred.
- Maintains multiple checking accounts and reconciles all bank and credit card statements.
- Enters all transactions into church accounting software.
- Collects and reports employee time to payroll company. Mails paystubs to employees.
- Reviews invoices and signs accounts payable checks for all approved invoices and properly authorized expenditures and any other fees or obligations of the church.
- Reviews and approves pension contribution documents.
- Coordinates with Pastor and Staff to provide data for the annual budget.
- Serves as Bookkeeper (unless one is available). Supports and advises Bookkeeper on day-to-day operations, accounting questions, and use of accounting software.
- Provides assistance and support to the Pastors, Staff Department Leads, Leadership Council, and congregation in the performance of church business as assigned.
- Complies with Best Practices document of BUMC.
- Attends Admin/Leadership Council or other committee meetings as requested.
- Provides monthly and year-end financial reports to Pastor and Finance Team.
- Attends monthly Finance Team meetings.
- Assists Operations/Office Manager with annual financial reports to Charge Conference and annual EZRA reports to the General Council on Finance.
- Assists with financial planning, including the preparation of annual budget.
- Ensures that there is an annual audit/review of financial records and processes and cooperates fully with the auditors.
- Ensures the confidentiality of personal information.
- Maintains the moral and ethical standards of the Christian faith and the United Methodist Church.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting preferred.
- Responsible to the Senior Pastor.
- Responsible to the Chair of the Staff Parish for personnel matters, annual performance review and job description.
- Must be able to perform responsibilities and duties independently without limitation.
- No paid vacation.
- Flexible schedule.
If interested, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.