Director of Contemporary Worship
The Director of Contemporary Worship works in conjunction with the Senior Pastor, Praise Team, and volunteers to further the overall ministry of the church by providing leadership for the contemporary worship ministry; including planning, scheduling, and implementing a contemporary worship service that connects with worshippers, promotes authentic worship, and proclaims the message of the Gospel.
· Proficiency in planning, preparing, and leading worship services.
· A heart to lead people in worship and not just lead a worship service.
· Demonstrates a strong vocal ability and engaging stage presence.
· Capability of leading with a keyboard is a plus.
· Display a strong educational background in music, evidenced by competence in interpreting and conveying basic musical premises (e.g., rhythm, tempo, dynamics, lyrical intent, etc.), as they relate to the effective learning and presentation of sacred musical selections in the contemporary worship setting.
· Display strong competence as a musical leader, both in rehearsal and in worship performance.
· Demonstrates abilities in teaching music and leading persons with varying musical backgrounds and skill levels.
· Display personal abilities that provide for encouragement and motivation of adults and children in contemporary praise and worship.
· Demonstrate a commitment to ministry and growth using God-given musical, speaking and leadership abilities and recognizing and nurturing these abilities in others.
· Demonstrate a good working knowledge of contemporary music and its use within the worship setting.
· Demonstrate the ability to plan and execute a contemporary worship service that uses music and the spoken word, in a complementary fashion, to lift worshippers into a truly spiritual experience.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $18.00 per hour
- Weekend availability
We are currently following all CDC and State/Local recommendations. Staff are encouraged to be vaccinated and respect each individuals choice regarding their own personal safety.
- Formal education is not a predetermining factor for the selection of this position. However, it is likely that a candidate will hold a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
To apply, please email resume to email@example.com